Sunday 28 February 2010

Missed a Milestone, did I?

Just realised something.  As of the 26th February, this blog has been going on for a year. 

And why I should think that's significant, I don't know.

Unfortunately I have no stats to show for this sort of thing, as I only started using a stat tool in October.  So no Month-on-Month, Quarter-on-Quarter or Year-on-Year figures to show you.  Which is no fun really.  No Powerpoint slides.  Hurrr.  What would we do without Powerpoint slides to justify our existence?

What may have changed over the year is the raison d'etre of this blog.  While I had originally started it to keep a record of bonsai shows we attend, the reality is there isn't always that much newsworthy (by my definitions) to say.  Post photos of the trees on display?  A pure line-up of bonsai tree photos is one of the most boring things I can think of to do, and if you're looking for these, then there are bazillions of other websites already doing them.  For nothing am I going to run a blog to bore myself to tears. 

And while it may be amusing and controversial to do a 'Hello' magazine type reportage on bonsai personalities, there really isn't anyone in the bonsai world that I can think of who is on par with Paris Hilton for this type of 'newsworthiness'.  Underwear notwithstanding.  (And please - if you do know someone who fits the bill, please don't tell me. Oh. Wait. Hmmm....)

So this blog has evolved into something a bit more like a personal record of events.  What have not changed are the tools I use: all my photos are still taken on my Sony Ericsson phone, most of the staged photos are either taken in my kitchen or in the front room.  I don't use any professional photographic equipment as I can't be bothered to do any complicated set-up.  Little or no manipulation is done to the photos, the most I will do is try to enhance brightness or contrast; again as I have neither the time nor the inclination to learn how to use the software.

So to the old friends who have been on this journey with me for the past year, thanks for sticking 'round.  To the new friends who have bumped up my stat numbers, thanks for dropping by.  Don't bother looking for the stat analysis, do you really think I'm going to get up off my bum to look the numbers up?  Hmpfh.

Looking forward to another year with y'all.  Yeee-hah.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete