Saturday 2 May 2009

Cozy Evening at Solent Bonsai


Last week, Solent Bonsai Society decided to host a small club show, and a great many trees turned up. With people accompanying them. Of course.

The atmosphere at the local club shows I have attended is always something else. Very friendly, just hanging out with the guys (and gals) sort of thing. Checking out the other people's trees, accent plants, pots, etc.


And if you're like me, you're probably going to take the opportunity to try and cadge a plant or two from someone else. Or they like something you've got gazillions of and you're going, 'Pleeze, take some, take them all!'

I wasn't able to take individual photos of trees as the lighting and background weren't cooperating with my Sony Ericsson (that's right, blame the equipment). But I hope I've managed to capture the intimate and wonderful informality of what is essentially a gathering of like-minded friends.

That for me is the appeal of a smaller show. Oh, and what I believe to be one of the most unique awards in British bonsai history: Best Tree in a Blue Pot.

Don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment