Saturday 7 March 2009

Piedra de Tunel


I really enjoyed this suiseki, even if I found the display table a bit too classical for the shape of the stone (I'm sure an expert would shoot my argument to pieces easily). I'm wondering if a simpler table would have proved less distracting from the lines of the stone, although that could be a function of dissecting a photograph rather than viewing the suiseki in display conditions.

Still, I liked the stalactite-y looking bits on the left. Way funky.

Provenance of this stone is Liguria, Italy. This is probably another Spanish-owned suiseki that may not get exhibited much outside its home country. Although there are a lot of collectors who were willing to travel to an international show within the country, travelling abroad while carrying a couple of hefty pieces of rock (+ display tables, dais or suibans with sand) is an onerous undertaking at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment